Monday, December 03, 2007


Yahtzee for Ohio State,
and LSU for that matter!

For those of you who hate my beloved Buckeyes, this weekend was pretty painful. But, come on, Pitt beating West Virginia? Oklahoma beating Mizzou wasn't a stretch for anyone, but what about the Mountaineers; must be the school colors.

Let me ask you; if you are in the place of Ohio State, with this flawed system, do you turn the invitation down because all the Big Ten haters in the world don't think we deserve it. Let me remind you where we have come from:

Lost - Troy Smith, Ginn, Gonzalez, Pittman, and 4 other starters from our offense.
Picked pre-season 4th in the big ten
Michigan pre-season 5 in the country, Wisconsin pre-season 8, Penn State pre-season 20; Ohio State, 22.

So, here we are again. We are in the envious position, playing for a National Championship, again, for the 3rd time in 6 years. I guess you all have to just deal with it. Michigan (ASU, Oregon, Wisconsin, and Ohio State), Florida (Georgia and LSU), USC (Stanford? and Oregon), and Georgia (Tennessee and Florida). And what might have been for Mizzou, WV, Oregon, Kansas, and Oklahoma's of the college world if you just finished. Won the games you were supposed to, and we're not having this conversation. Almost forgot Virginia Tech, but I'm not sure they play football in the ACC anyway, do they? (I owed you that Eric) We also don't control the events in the Big Ten. Sorry it's considered down this year, but when 8 of the 11 schools are playing in bowls, we share those numbers only with the SEC.

So, as I sit in my office this Monday morning, I can honestly say, it's great to be hated. So prognosticate all you want, but I know you want to be where we're going; to New Orleans on January 7.






1 comment:

Eric said...

I hate Ohio State, but I'm pretty excited about the prospect of this bowl game. Sure, I don't think they deserve it but what's better than one loss in the National Championship game? Oh yeah, Two in a row. Nothing is better than rising hope being dashed on the rocks of another National Championship loss. Ohio State will once again be found unworthy for such an invitation. The result will again be a national embarrassment.