Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Week to Remember

This has been an incredible week with my friends.  The friendships I've been able to make through my involvement on the Global NYI Council have been special, and will be missed.  I'm in my last global council meeting in Orlando this week, or have been, it just ended today.  Mixed emotions on this one.

Also get to fly back to the tundra today.  For the first time in history, Olivet has cancelled classes for the second day due to the cold weather.  It's been cool in Orlando, only 55 today, but even as I type, I'm looking at my weather bug temp for Bourbonnais, and it says -13.  Can I just say, I don't want to go home.  

Lots to reflect on from the last 8 years, but that will come later, and possibly often.  For now, hitting the hay, and trying to psych my body up for the cold I'm going home to tomorrow.

Saturday I'll be in Indy for a training event, Sunday in Valparaiso to spend some time with good friends, and then home for some football and my regular life.  Haven't missed much at Olivet with classes being cancelled, but haven't been able to take advantage of the down time that comes when the weather shuts everything down.  Hope there is one good snowstorm left this year for me.

Leaving friends and warm weather.  Guess I should stop complaining or move, and like my job too much to do that, so it's grit my teeth and bear it.

No comments: