Sunday, January 11, 2009

P.S.

I refuse to lower myself to the level of mediocrity that it appears Notre Dame fans have by celebrating a 7-6 season, with a win over Hawaii, by being happy that we beat the spread with Texas this year, and were "at least close", as one of my friends said.

Well, I appreciated the words intended to be comforting, but I'm tired of losing bowl games. Yes, I know, we've been in the national championship game the last 3 out of 6 years, but only won one of those three, and lost the last 3 BCS games. Can't blame Beanie for leaving.

Can I just ask:

Why are you bringing the safety's up when all we have to do is keep them out of the end zone!!!???
Why are we going for two, when if we go for one, a field goal wins if they score, doesn't just tie!!!???
Why can't we build a helmet that keeps Beanie in for a complete game!!!???
One of my friends suggested we take a knee three times, taking time off the clock, and kick a field goal. I objected, until I saw Texas streaking into the end zone.
And Big Ten; 1 and 6, PLEASE!!

There, I feel better. Not really, but kind of. At least until we kick off against USC in the shoe next year. Oh, please, please, please, show up.

No comments: