Friday, May 23, 2008

WOW!

What a day I am having in Brazil! It was an incredible privilege to preach this morning, and see the response of these obedient, tender people. I'm humbled again by their spirit, and by the fact that God chooses to use me; unbelievable. I don't know what else to say, except that I always come back different after traveling, and this is no different. I'm receiving so much here, that my life is richer because of my new friends in Brazil.

I told Alex after the service, that this a sermon I'm planning on preaching this summer at a camp, but I'm not sure I'll be able to speak, because I will recall the response from here. Alex said to me, that maybe what God is saying, is that it's time in the states we quit settling. Stop making living this life so difficult. Sometimes we complicate things so much it's next to impossible to live. We're numb to the truth, because we can't see it, when it's right in front of our eyes all the time. The problem may not be that we can't find truth, maybe we are cold and blind to it.

I'm going to chew on this for a while. In the mean time, I cry for the same passion in my church, with our young people, that I see here. May it be so, for the sake of the Kingdom.

No comments: