Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 12, We're home. . .

. . .and missing our friends already.

We made it home, well most of us. My suitcase is somewhere between JF Kennedy Airport and Midway, hopefully here by tomorrow.

We are back safe and sound, showering and resting from our 18-hour trek. The way we were reintroduced back to the US, we were ready to jump on a plane and head back to our friends. Between the lady in immigration yelling at our Brazilian visitors, losing all my luggage, having our first attempt at take-off aborted in Cincinnati because the "computer sensed a problem", and almost getting a ticket while trying to get our stuff in the car in Indy by a Nazi Airport Security officer, our arrival was filled with fixed emotions. They were quickly matched, though, by the sound of our daughters voices and the use of our cell phones to "reconnect". Terry missed hers, I'm not sure whether I did or not. At any rate, we're back in Bourbonnais, and I hope my luggage isn't far behind.

I'll be reflecting on this trip for a while, so tonight I'm heading to bed; later on the thinking. I'm too emotional and tired right now. Just wanted all our readers to know that we made it back in one piece.



Thanks Fonseca's for one of the best weeks of our lives! Can't wait to be introduced to Juliana.

No comments: