Sunday, April 06, 2008

Signs of Life

I was able to spend this weekend with friends in Valpo, what my friend Shawn calls, the vale of paradise. Not sure whether that is what Valparaiso means, but it is a sign of what is going on at that church.

I worshiped today, felt included by a group of people that are on the same page, concerned for their community, and have bought into a common vision and direction. They won't reach everyone in their community, but have carved out a niche for themselves, and are going for it.

What a breath of fresh air it was to be with a group of people who are working together to build the Kingdom of God; not perfect, but working together to make sure that people in their community hear the message of hope. I'm praying that my church can become defined and described in the same way.

Shawn, thanks for including me on a picture of what the Kingdom can look like. You can get a sore throat anytime, and when you do, I hope you call me again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jeremy said...

mark-

i've spent a couple sundays worshipping with a community of believers in the northwest suburbs of chicago. they get it, mark! it's so exciting. i would very much recommend, when you get a chance, to visit this church. i think you would be encouraged and excited by what you see there!

www.lifeonthevine.org

i really think this is the way church ought to be done, with authenticity.