Friday, April 25, 2008

Is this the right way?

I have a friend who just walked away from his church. I say it was his church, because 10-years ago, he planted it, starting with four families in his living room, so, yeah, it's God's church, but it has his DNA all over it. I read his blog almost every day, and today, it was called Q & A. It's about his struggle to give answers that people will accept. What he did just makes no sense, and it's difficult, even for those closest to him to figure this one out.

In the midst of all that, he's trying to convince all of us that he's okay, really okay. Today in particular, he said that all he knows, is what he will do today.

I wonder, how willing am I to just know what I'm doing today? I mean, don't I usually have to have my day, week, month, and even year planned out. I'm working on posting final grades this week, Graduation next week, then Celebrate Life, then I teach a module in our Masters program, then we leave for a week in Brazil, then ACSD, then I speak at a camp, then. . .

See what I mean? Sometimes it would be nice to not know for sure what tomorrow held; to not be able to worry about anything, because I'm clueless about what tomorrow brings, so can't worry about what I'm uncertain about anyway.

For now, guess I'll have to be "content" living life this way . . .then visit interns, go to Dallas, speak at another camp, go to the RD retreat, RA training week, prep for fall move in day, a daughters wedding. . .

I wonder, is there another way, really? I wonder if my friend could tell me what it feels like.

No comments: