Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Good Conversation

Just spent the day with some good friends of mine, Darrel Harvey, Chuck and Carla Sundberg, and Chuck Hayes to name a few. Had some great conversation around the lunch table today, and it reminded me of a couple of things.

We need to talk more together. I'm a better person when I listen to my friends talk about the things that matter most to them.

We also need to listen better. Thanks for that reminder for all of us Darrel. I was challenged by what you said.

We don't need to be afraid of our conversation. Sometimes we have hurt ourselves by not being willing to talk about the issues we are struggling with. I felt safe with my friends to be me, and tried my best to allow them to be who they are.

We need to be open to change and correction. I don't have this whole mess figured out. Can we deal with and ask the hard questions that are necessary in our friendships? It's the only way we'll get to where we need to go.

I have great friends. I love to talk with them. I love to be challenge by them. I hope I'm always willing to be changed by our conversation.

No comments: