Monday, November 12, 2007

Today I mourn, again.

This was a tough weekend if you are an Ohio football fan; first with Ohio State going down, and then with my Brownies losing a heart-breaker at Pittsburgh. I'm not mourning that, though.

My church tries to keep before us the needs of the global church, and yesterday was another
one of those days when we were reminded of what the church faces, and to pray for the suffering, persecuted church all over the world. I will share those stories with you this week, in the hopes you will join me in prayer for them.

"North Korea is the top persecutor of Christians in the world. Between 50,000 and 70,000 Christians are currently suffering in prison camps. The North Korean government considers Christianity to be a threat to stability, and hunts Christians all over the country. Many are arrested, tortured, and even killed. Pray that Korean Christians will remain strong in their faith and that God will change the hearts of government officials."



No comments: