Friday, November 09, 2007

Today, I laugh.

I almost removed yesterday's blog before anyone could read it. I decided to leave it, because it represents what is happening. It's only as we own up to who we are, that we can live lives of confession with each other.

Today, I needed a good laugh, maybe you do too. I turned to the trusty Far Side comics, and because of copyright issues, I couldn't post a picture, so imagine this:

There are two medevil soldiers descending from a guard tower in a castle. They are carrying another wounded soldier on a stretcher, walking down the stairs. The wounded soldier is propping himself on one arm, with his pants pulled down to his ankles, exposing his wounded area, that happens to have 3-4 arrows sticking out of it. He is explaining his wound to the other two by saying:

"So I says to Simon, 'You know, we may be completely surrounded by the Saxons, but someone should at least give them a good mooning.'" (Thanks Gary Larsen)

Maybe a good mooning every now and again would do us all some good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree!