Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fourth Day in Florida

Another perfect day in Florida.  We actually saw dolphins, but I didn't have my camera with me on our morning walk.  I'll not make the same mistake tomorrow.  

I'm reading a great book by Eugene Peterson, Tell it Slant; you'll have to read it.   He is teaching on the parables and prayers that are unique to Luke.  As usual for Peterson, it's a great read. Giving me a lot to think about.  

One of the things I'm learning here on this trip is just how little I need to be content.  Just give me a chair, sun block, a shelling net, a good book, Terry, and oh yeah, the ocean, and I'm good. Seriously, I'm learning some valuable lessons on humility and contentment.  Still thinking and reading, so will write more later.

Thought I'd share a couple more pics from today.  The pace of this trip is perfect.  Not too fast, not too slow.  The scenes and weather have been perfect.  Today, I'm burned, and very happy.

  

No comments: