Tuesday, June 05, 2007


Sitting at the ACSD Conference, and realizing that we have a lot of work to do. Donald Miller spoke last night, and we really don't listen to each other; in the church. It's no wonder we have a difficult time dialoging with those who are outside the church.

We really need to learn to listen to each other. Just a quick analogy. Donald Miller talked last night about allowing Scripture to tell it's intended story, and not reading into it what it was never intended to say. At times we take too much liberty to shape it and say what we want to say. Farmer, our morning speaker, said he disagreed with Miller, meaning that the Bible is alive and still speaks today.

Miller never said it didn't. He never said that Scripture has peer in helping bring meaning to ouur life. What I think he was saying is that there isn't a fourth member of the trinity, that being Scripture.

Just wondering when we will be able to listen and be heard, without jumping right into apologetics and defending our faith. The world doesn't need to hear our apologetic, they do need to see and hear our story, and how our's is shaped by His. Am I making sense?

1 comment:

Jason said...

Abosolutely!

That is unless we are talking college football. Then apologetics are a must. OH.....IO!

I'm glad I found your blog. I wish I was disciplined enough to blog. I also got to Terry's from here which was an added bonus.

I can't wait to see the baby pics!!! Jenelle and I are expecting again.... ;-)