Sunday, June 15, 2008

Shoe on the Other Foot

Had an interesting experience today; I went to a church I had never been to before. Got a very awkward greeting, you know, one of those that said, should I know you, have you been here before, but no direct question. No introduction. Just a handshake, and a hello.

I then proceeded to walk into the foyer, not knowing where to go. They had two services, no one explained the difference between the two, so I guessed. That didn't matter much since they had the sermon from the sanctuary simulcast into the venue I was in, which I figured was the contemporary option since there were guitars and drums in place of the piano.

I met no one, got no ones name, even after hanging around a while after the service. I got nothing.

It was intimidating and awkward, and I know the songs, the language, and even the slang. No wonder "they" don't come to "our" stuff much. I wasn't sure when I left whether I wanted to go back or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU WERE IN DAYTON?!?! Sorry, we'll do better next time. ;-)