Friday, October 05, 2007



I LOVE FALL; the beaches at Chicago have closed for the summer, but they will probably fill up this weekend with the temps reaching near 90, and the lake temps still around 68 degrees. It is the middle of October, isn't it?

I LOVE FALL; just wondering where it is. I talked with a friend, a new youth pastor in Michigan, who has lived in Florida his whole ministry life, 20+ years, most recently in Bradenton. He was wondering where all this cold weather he heard so much about was. I assured him, it was coming, but this fall has been strange weather-wise, to say the least.

I LOVE FALL; the smell of wet leaves, the deep red change of the green white oak, deer hunting, hayrides, s'mores, sitting around a bonfire with friends, sweatshirts at football games, Ohio State beating Michigan, to name a few.


I LOVE FALL; we are going into our fall break here at Olivet, and it feels more like August. The students love it, can't really say I do. I'm hoping we don't make one of those classic mid-western jumps right to winter.

I LOVE FALL; I guess this year I'll just have to wait a little longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark -
Just wanted to say HI! I've been reading your blog from time to time (when I remember AND you update!). It's good to stay in touch this way and see how you are being blessed in your life.
I also peek at Kristin's blog and just smile when I see a new pic of that precious grandson of yours! He's fabulous!
Say hello to Terry for me - hope you both are doing well. Em is home this weekend and we're happy to spend some time with her!
Denise