Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lent is here

It's grown apparent over the past week, with the blow up concerning a book that isn't even for sale yet, that the church is in need of reconciliation. I read this today, and hope that these words can begin to reshape the church, bringing us back to a place of humility, and realize that there is only one God who can do whatever he chooses, whenever he wants.

"O Lord! Is not this what I said while I was still in my own country? That is why I fled Tarshish at the beginning; for I knew that you are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and ready to relent from punishing." (Jonah 4:2)

Remember how ticked off Jonah was at God because he "changed his mind about the calamity that he had said he would bring upon them; and he did not do it." (Jonah 3:10) Just a subtle reminder to us during the Lenten season, that God is God, and we are not.

May his Kingdom come to earth as it is in heaven. Sooner than later would be great, maybe before Rob Bell's book is out?! I'm just saying.

No comments: