Thursday, January 06, 2011

New Year, so what?

I'm sitting in my office, reflecting on this past year, and wondering about the next. There is a lot going through my mind as I try best to prepare for this next semester of chapels, and the future for our office.

In case you don't know, I was made chaplain at Olivet late last Spring, and my heads been spinning ever since, in a good way. It's been a joy to be in this position. I hadn't realized how much I missed the day-in day-out grind of ministry, especially the relational trust that comes from those you are doing life with. So what will this year bring? Who knows for sure. I'm realizing as I write there is much more I'm uncertain of than certain, and from where I sit, I guess I'm okay with that. Convinced?

For me, it's about trust and faithfulness. I trust that God will be faithful, regardless. That's my statement for the next year.

I need to lose 20 pounds. Will I, not taking bets. Will God be faithful; absolutely. On that, I'll bet my very life.

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

I was searching for the title "We're all Ethnic," and came accross your blog post with that title. I thought it was great. I saw that title and what I thought were book illustrations on the walls of the Salvation Army in my town. We ARE all Ethnic. Maybe we should say that we're people, much the same, but we all have our own unique story.