Thursday, August 06, 2009

The summer is over!

Well, yours might not be, but mine definitely is. Terry and I got back last Thursday, and I hit the ground running. I'm excited and overwhelmed with what the Fall has for us. It will be busy, but life with college students is always exciting. Let me get you caught up on the new things that have taken place this Summer into this Fall.

Both of our daughters are expecting. Kelli is due the end of December, and Kristin is due early to mid January. Needless to say, our Christmas break will be more than eventful.

Luke, our son-in-law has been in Iraq since June 6, 2008, with the exception of a three-week leave, explaining #2 coming in January. Well, after a long wait, he finally arrived home on Tuesday. Terry and I made time on Sunday to welcome home a National Guard reserve group from this area on Sunday, and both stood on the side of the road, crying like babies thinking ahead two days to the homecoming that would be taking place in Killeen, TX with Luke, Kristin, and Brayden. Welcome home Luke!!

I took on a new role at Olivet last year, to develop leadership initiatives on campus. They won't fully kick in until next Fall, but I am taking on some responsibilities that I've not had before, like training student mentors for our incoming freshman class, the largest in the history around here. It's fun, challenging, and scary all at the same time; but I'm having a blast.

I'm still teaching, looking forward to a hopeful deer hunt in October, counting the days to welcoming into the world two new grandbabies, and hanging out in the NYI world of our church. Life is good, Terry is still just as beautiful and fun as ever, our girls are healthy and happily married, (duh), and we're about to become grandparents again.

Pics later. Hope you're life is full as well. God is good.

No comments: