Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Kansas City

Well, kind of. Actually I'm in Lenexa, KS this week for USA Canada Council meetings. They have graciously created space to keep me around for four more years, really had to twist my arm. I love this group who help to shape events like Nazarene Youth Conference and District Leadership Conference. Besides the work, they are a fun group to be around. We work hard, laugh hard, and sometimes even play hard when time permits.

This week we begin planning on NYC 2011 in Louisville, KY. Head to the GMC this morning, and work all day today and tomorrow.

Couldn't sleep very well last night. Finally gave up the fight and got up at 5:00, and by 6:00 was already on my second cup of coffee. Might be a four cup morning before 8:00, that should keep me wired for a while.

I'll fly home Saturday, and Terry is picking me up to go downtown Chicago and spend some time with Chris and Kelli. In case you haven't heard, both of our girls are pregnant. Kelli is due some time in December, and Kristin is due some time in January. Gonna be a fun month for the Holcomb clan.

Also, I'm glad to report that as of September 24, we will no longer own a home in Indy. We sold it this past week, after four years of trying, so needless to say, Terry and I are thrilled. We are cutting our last material ties to a town we thoroughly loved living in, but have friends that give us a reason for return visits.

I've also gone public with the fact that this is my last year to be an RD. With some of the other responsibilities I've taken on at Olivet, there is too much going on for me the first couple of weeks before school starts and the first week. The fact that I'm writing this from Kansas City the first day of my Fall classes verifies that. I love what I do, and love being an RD, but something has to give, so that is it.

Well, guess you're caught up for now. Finishing my second cup of coffee, ready to fill it up again. Today I'll need all the artificial stimulant from caffeine I can get.

1 comment:

Todd Perkins said...

I am so thankful to hear about your house selling, for years that has been on my pray list and I am happy to be able to "take it off" and spend more time praying for your family. Your girls are beautiful, glad they take after their mom!
Love you and pray for you daily Mark. Praying God's best for you everyday!

Living for Jesus & Loving it!
Todd Perkins