Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hey, what's up?

I was scolded today by one of my friends, reminded that some of you actually come to this for, whatever; comic relief, information, ranting, etc.  Well, there has been a lot going on in my life over the last month, as their has been yours.  I'm currently on my way to pick up Terry in Killeen, TX, to take her to her Mary Kay convention, then go to Phoenix to get her mother's home ready to put on the market.  Not my idea of fun, especially driving through west Texas and southern New Mexico and Arizona in July.  

What's been going on the last 30 days:  Kristin and Luke have sold their home, and we've re-listed ours; General Assembly has come and gone, with one of the most eventful ones in the history of our church, with Dr. Bowling elected, accepting, and rescinding the nomination.  It was truly one of the most courageous things I've ever seen done.  I can't help but admire a man that has the integrity to remain true to who he was created to be and do.  Way to go!

I was also honored by being elected the Global President for NYI, one of the greatest honors of my life, next to marrying Terry, the birth of my two daughters, their marriage and gaining two sons, finally, and the birth of my grandson (think I sufficiently covered the family).  It will be an absolute honor and privilege to serve the young people of the church for the next four years.  I get to stay around, and I'm thrilled with the opportunity.

I was able to reconnect with many friends, and be a part of the best NYI convention ever, with 7 sites outside the US, with full voting and floor privileges.  It was incredible.  

Well, I'm driving the other half tomorrow to see my wife, Kristin, and Brayden.  Excited to be with them, but already thinking of what is waiting for me when I get back home on the 30th.  

To the four of you that read this, I'll work on being more consistent, and more substantial.  For now, know that I'm alive and well.

1 comment:

sandersfamily said...

Hey I'm 1 of the 4 people who reads your blog and wondered when you were going to update it.

Congratulations on the nyi global president!

Julie just returned from 2 weeks in Brazil. She worked in an orphanage in Maringa.

Becky