Friday, August 10, 2007


This pic is taken at Blyde Canyon, in South Africa, with some of my best friends in the world; James Heyward, pastor from Restin, Virginia, and Danny Dyer, pastor from Ft. Worth, TX (Did I need to say Texas with Ft. Worth).
And, I'm finally home again. It's good to sleep in my own bed. I counted three night between June 25 and August 3 that I slept at home. Kind of nuts, so it's good to be home. What happened in between: a week with Sr. Highers in Michigan, love you guys; traveling to visit interns in KY, MI, and IL; NYC in St. Louis, and visiting Brayden (Luke and Kristin too) in Harker Heights, TX.

What's going on now. We're prepping for the start of all things new around here at good ol' ONU. It's buzzing with the Bears here until the 17th. Getting ready for classes, the new students coming in with high expectations, and the profs the same. Once everything settles in, reality hits, and we realize once again that life is what it is; life.

We get busy, we get tired, we fail, we fall short, we try harder next time, sometimes doing better than the last. That's life.

So that's what I'm doing, just like you, living life. Doing the best I can. Looking forward to my weekend. Grateful that Quinn finally signed, the Tigers won, and Ohio State is rated in the top 25, again. Also glad I can still run up and down a basketball court with friends, and not die of a heart attack. Life. It really is okay.

No comments: