Wednesday, May 23, 2007


I cried today. I cried today as I read my babies blog about her baby. I cried today when I realized that I'm going to be a grandpa in 5 weeks. I didn't cry because I don't want to be a grandpa, I cried because that's my baby having a baby.

Can it really be true that she is having a baby? Man, how time flies. It just seems like it was a couple of easter's ago that we were anticipating what she and Luke are now anticipating. It all happens so fast, and now I get to do it all over again through my daughter. What a ride!

I'm so happy for them and us. Gigi, my wife's chosen name for "grandma", can't wait to be grandma, er, Gigi, and I can't wait to be grandpa; no, I'm not taking her suggested name of Pipi as my 'affectionate' title. Grandpa will do just fine.

But today it hit me, and I cried. This was a good cry, if you know what I mean. I love my girls.

1 comment:

Our Adventure said...

and your girls love you...