Tuesday, August 12, 2008

. . .stupid as a cabbage,

Read something today that made me laugh, then think. Wanted to post it to see what it's effect might be on you as well.

I'm reading a book by Kelly Kullberg, called Finding God Beyond Harvard. She is a former chaplain at Harvard. Not very far into the book to be able to recommend it, but she quotes one of my favorite authors, Dallas Willard, and like I said, it's worth sharing.

"We live in a culture that has for centuries now cultivated the idea that the skeptical person is always smarter than one who believes. You can be almost as stupid as a cabbage, as long as you doubt. . .Today it is the skeptics who are the social conformists."

True that!

1 comment:

rockymountainpreacherchick said...

that's really good. One of my volunteers said the other day, that anymore you are a non-conformist if you DON'T have a tattoo. Different field, but same sort of idea :)