Friday, February 22, 2008


Hanging with Friends

It's the people we hang with that make us who we are. I've known that about students, as a youth pastor, for a very long time. We become more and more like the people we surround ourselves with.

Well, for the past nine years, I've been privileged to hang with some of the best. These are the people who make me a better person. They help me to think bigger than just about the US. They help me understand that the church isn't just about my little corner of the world, but it's about places like Guatemala City, Schaffhausen, Campinas, Johannesburg, Munich, Ft. Worth, Manchester, Port Au Spain, Manilla, Colorado Springs, Monterrey, Queensland, and Mumbai. Best of all, they help me better understand what it means to be a friend.

Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your world. Thanks again for helping me see beyond my little corner of the world and into yours. Thanks for the invitation to share life with you. Thanks for not giving up on our global church, and everything that means. Thanks most of all for being my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me miss the global council so much! Well, minus the meetings and everything! Hope you guys had a productive time together! -Jenna Blankenship Boren