Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day Four, Pacifica to Santa Cruz
on PCH 1


We started our trip down the Pacific Coast Highway today, beginning in Pacifica, ending this leg in Santa Cruz. The picture above is the beach in Pacifica, where it all started.



The scenery again is too difficult to describe, so I'll let the pics do the work for me today. Like Terry said, there isn't any one place we could stop where there wouldn't be a great picture somewhere to take. That is so true.

As you can see in the picture above, today we finally got to drive with the "top down", and froze the top of our heads off. The heat was cranked, but we made it all the way down the coast. I'm hoping the weather cooperates so we will have more days like this one. Terry was a real trooper.

Today we saw sea lions, some incredible beaches (like the one above), surfers, pelicans, light houses, a pacific ocean sunset, ate on a pier, saw one of the oldest missions in California, and are now ready to crash, and it's only 6:15. Again, guess I'm not a west coaster.

Enjoy the pics, and I'll post again tomorrow from Big Sur Lodge.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

i'm glad your trip is everything you wanted it to be! looking forward to one more semester together!

Chris said...

sweet pics...I think I'm ready for a road trip! Thanks for sharing the view!